This design was my attempt to visually explain how I would like to see a Netflix or LoveFilm type web app to work.
Some key features:
- Low contrast and blue tones to reduce night time glare and strain on eyes when using in a dark room.
- Has capability to become fully responsive.
- No need to load new page elements between movie watching
- Video elements load dynamically upon selection to keep page load times down.
- When a video is selected, the app hides other content to put focus on the selection.
- The selections allow users to perform actions, such as bookmarking and favouriting a movie.
- The app has a social element. We can view which of our friends watched a movie, and what their rating and review for it was.